Sunday, August 19, 2012

G,H,I Oh My!

WOW!  It's been a long time since I have posted!  I guess the end of the summer just kept us busy.  The closer we got to the start of school, the more inseparable my little Gooba and I got!  We did keep up with our letters, though not with the same intensity as the beginning of the summer.  Visiting friends and pool visit became a little more prevalent and we loved every minute.

So let's catch up to the present.  I'm officially back at work as of last week.  It was really hard on both of us, especially hard on little Gooba this year.  I think she is at the age where she understands I have to go to work, but does not understand she cannot come too.  At one point she suggested that all the kids at mommy's school should just come to our house instead.  What a sweetie.  But after a rocky week emotionally both of us seem to be at least a little bit back to our routine.

So other than being back to work we've been busy at preschool and I've been busy on a new business adventure.  Since I've enjoyed making clothes for my little Gooba so much I've decided to make a little profit off of my hobby.  This weekend I opened my very first Etsy.com store called Gooba Gear.  My shop sells toddler clothes and accessories with new items listed often since I'm a new shop.  Come check it out!



OK, back to preschool...here's a quick summary of at least the crafts that we have done for G,H, and I.  More to come on J later since that was our first school week at Grandma's house.

 








Ok so we did our usual clapper activities for G with some gorilla and some giraffe erasers - still always a favorite with Gooba.






 Then since it's one of her personal favorite books, we read Goodnight , Gorilla.  I also made her little stick puppets that match up with the animals in the story.  Then we acted out the book during a little puppet show.  This was a fun activity!

 The we did some hardcore coloring!  We colored all sorts of different sheets from different places around the web.  We attempted at times to actually make a G - not too bad!


 More coloring!  I love this above picture of her, it cracks me up.  Little Gooba hard at work!


Then we used this cute printout I found online with a giraffe and a bare tree.  Gooba had to add playdoh leaves to the tree and count them.  At first she was doing a really good job...                          

Then it turned into whatever this picture to the right is ;)



Then we did a cute giraffe lacing card that I got at Dollar Tree.  The came in a 5 pack.... SUPER CUTE!









Then it was craft time.  I forgot to take pictures before I put them in the scrapbook - whoops!  So this is the paper plate gorilla face we made.  Cute!




I drew the gum ball machine on this one and then we used finger paint and fingerprints to make the gum balls.


The giraffe head is an outline of her foot that we traced and cut out.  I cut the rest out of paper and Gooba helped me glue it together.  Then we used a paintbrush to paint the spots on the giraffe.

I think they came super cute!



Ok - so we slacked a little on H and I and crammed them all into one week.  Oh well.  And again I forgot to take any pictures until after I scapbooked.  I made a capitol and a lowercase H on the paper and cut out some little hearts and Gooba glued them on top of the letters.

We also did some hippo printables.  Sorry no pics.





And we made H houses.  Very similar to the hearts Gooba did the glueing and I cut out the rest!








This next one is one of my favorites, mostly because I actually came up with this idea myself!  I know right?!  I took the pink paper that I cut all the hearts out of for the earlier craft and we taped it to this yellow paper like a stencil.  Then Gooba sponge painted all over the paper, we peeled the stencil off, and VOILA!  Hearts :)  We made two of these and I think they both came SUPER cute :)


For I we tore up cotton balls and glued them on the I's and igloo like snow.

We also glued some of the ice cream capitol letter I's together.  I made everything and then Gooba glued them together.  We made three for some reason.


Then we did some handprint painting - one of our favorites!  I drew the ice cream cone and then we printed her hand in three different colors for our three scoops of ice cream.

Well that's a quick glimpse into our last few activities before I went to work.  The next posts should be interesting as we adjust our lives back to mommy at work!





Please visit my Pinterest page for the origin of a lot of our crafts!  Most printables were graciously borrowed from 1+1+1=1.

No comments:

Post a Comment