Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A is for Alligator

Good afternoon, today was another eventful day for little Gooba!  We ended yesterday on a big high note - DRY all day.  I wish I could say the same for today, but sadly I cannot.  Fortunately we have had some other exciting things going on.  We continued with the letter A today with an alligator theme.  We started with sorting alligator counters in our muffin tin. First we just picked them up with the "clapper catcher" then we sorted them by color.  We found out that these were slightly more difficult to pick up than the apple erasers from Monday.



Next we moved on to a game we played yesterday.  Today she was much more interested in "heads and tooshies" as she calls it.  At first I started by having her look for the match to whatever I was holding and then she just took over and started making matches herself.  We played this two or three times in the morning and again later after lunch.  A big hit today!



After "heads and tooshies" we got dressed for the day and headed out on a new adventure... mommy and me gymnastics!  Gooba did pretty well for her first time.  She did several forward rolls, jumped around, and crawled through tunnels.  I believe the highlight for me was when my two year old little girl said "Mommy let's go bounce over there with that boy - he's so cute."  Oh dear.  Something tells me we are in for some trouble down the road!

So after gymnastics we were both exhausted, so we came home for some juice and lunch.  Then we needed something calm to do so we played more "heads and tooshies" and then made some crafts.  First we made alligator A our of craft foam and construction paper.



Then we made a clothespin alligator.  FYI - dollar store markers are hard to get off your hands!


We still needed some calm activities so we colored an alligator page...


and we worked with some magnets.  Today she placed all the magnets on the circles!  The second day of an activity is remarkably better with toddlers I've found - mostly because I don't need to annoy her with directions!


STILL worn out from gymnastics we watched a little TV and did our alligator lacing card.


So now we are down for a nap with very few things left to do in our learning box today!  Hopefully when she wakes up it will still be hot enough to get some water table time in.  I've got some plastic alligators to swim around in there time and weather permitting.



Printables today borrowed graciously from www.lawteedah.com

Letter A craft idea borrowed from www.notimeforflashcards.com

No comments:

Post a Comment