Tuesday, June 26, 2012

C is for Crab

So we finally made it to C week!  This week is going to be a hectic one!  Not only was C for crab yesterday, but C was also for... COUSINS!!  Gooba's cousins and my sister and brother-in-law are visiting from Connecticut!  Needless to say we have alot of activities planned this week, so we're going to try to squeeze in as much letter C as we can.  Yesterday we started out day with a trip to splash park!  Super fun for all the kids.  We also managed to fill in a few other activities before and after.  









 We managed to fit in some "heads and tooshies" matching cards with little crabs on them.  Gooba is really getting the knack of this game, no problems for her today!


After our crabby matching game we made this crab craft.  First, I cut out a letter C and some shapes.  Then Gooba glued them (with help) onto the blue paper and added her favorite googly eyes to make this cute letter C crab craft






The next craft we made is one of my favorites!  First I cut some yellow paper and glued it on the blue paper to look like sand.  Next I painted her hands, one at a time, with red paint and pressed them onto the paper with her thumbs pointed up.  After her handprints were dry I drew on the smile and Gooba glued on the googly eyes.







After the pool Gooba was ready for a snack so I made her this cute crab bagel with blueberries.  I got this idea from Meet the Dubiens.  Jill's is WAY cute than mine.  She also made her's a peanut butter bagel, but since ours was just a snack we used a mini bagel and I just put butter on it.  Still cute though!  Well, that's pretty much it for today, but still an awesome fun day!






Crab game cards borrowed graciously from Confessions of a Homeschooler

No comments:

Post a Comment