Tuesday, June 19, 2012

B is for Birds

Today we continued with the letter B.  We did not do as much stuff as we normally do today since it was Story Time at the library.  Again Gooba had a blast at Story Time and enjoyed, but not more than me, picking out some new books for this week.  We read last weeks books approximately four hundred million times each.

Anyways before we left for Story Time we worked on one of our magnet pages.  Gooba was mostly interested in playing with magnets today instead of placing them in the circles.  Oh well.




We moved on from circles to coloring a letter B printable.  She was not a fan of having me show her how to hold the marker.  This seems to be a constant theme in my blogging I've noticed!  We worked on this for a little while and then she decided it was time to finish breakfast.

 While we were finishing breakfast I managed to squeeze in another activity.  We got out our birds and birdhouses sorting cards.  First we identified the letter B in both of those words and then we sorted the little cards.  I continue to be so amazed at how fast she can complete an activity when she is trying to get rid of me.  It's the same with eating, using the potty, and now school.  She'll poke along and pretend she doesn't know what's she's doing, then all of a sudden, boom we're done.  Smart and stubborn just like her.....  ;)


After we sorted and crammed the rest of our breakfast in our mouths we got dressed for the day and headed to Story Time.  Today's Story Time theme was nap time (lol) and I have found that Gooba will sit and listen to me read her a story for hours on end, but when someone else is reading she enjoys running around the room and yelling "I love dancing!"  She was great however at the music and dancing activities.  She's such a nut!




After we returned home from the library it was time for a much needed lunch.  After lunch I told Gooba I was going to paint her feet and we were going to make a bird craft.  She freaked out and started crying.  Once she calmed down, I told her I was going to tickle her feet with the paintbrush and she seemed intrigued.  Once I put one drop of paint on her foot she kept saying... "More feet paint Mommy!"  Yeah.... Mommy knows what she likes.



So even though it was bird day, Gooba insisted that we continue with the "feet painting" so we decided to make some butterflies since they also begin with B and were on our list of things to do this week anyways.  I think all of the foot paintings came great today.  I tried with the birds to put her foot down on the paper, but had much more success holding the paper on a piece of cardboard and pressing her foot on the paper while she remained seated.  MUCH better detail on the "feets" as Gooba would say!  After our painting adventure we read two new books from the library and went of to nap.  Hopefully we can squeeze in some pattern cards and play doh birds after nap!

 Okay after nap we managed to squeeze in some play doh fun time!

The two on the left are examples of the ones I made to show Gooba what to do.  She was highly intrigued, mostly because of the googly eyes.

The two pictures on the right are Gooba intently focused on the play doh.  Finally, below is her masterpiece!  She did this one all by herself without any help from Mommy.








Printables today again graciously borrowed from 1+1+1=1 , Confessions of a Homeschooler, and Making Learning Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment