Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A is for Ant

After a wonderful Day 1 of all sorts of applely goodness, I was not expecting very much out of Day 2.  I was very much surprised!  We had another wonderful day.  Our day started out with another new favorite for Gooba... magnets.



In the beginning she was very conscious of were she was placing the magnets and making sure they were covering a circle.  Then we just went magnet bonkers and were sticking magnets on everything..... that sounds like learning too... right?

After magnets we played a game that Gooba referred to as "heads and tooshies."  Not bad, we played once and then she was back to the magnets.


Once we were FINALLY done with magnets and "heads and tooshies" we got dressed for the day and were out onto a new adventure.... Story Time at the new Library!!  This was exciting for many reasons.   One because they just finished building a new library around the corner from our house a few months ago and I've been dying to get over there and two because Gooba stays with her grandparents while I am at work,  I think it's really important for her to be around other kids when we can.  So for the record, our library is GORGEOUS!!!  I cannot wait to go back.  Story Time was also amazing, we listened to books, danced, played instruments, played parachute, and with finger puppets, sang songs, and Gooba's favorite, we got a pair of toilet paper binoculars covered in paper that they decorated with stickers.  SO FUN!  After that we picked out some books and played with friends at the puzzle table.

After a short trip to the grocery store, we had some ants on a log for lunch and got right back to..... MAGNETS.  Yeah I should have hid those before we left.

Finally we were able to move on past the magnets (thank you Little Einstein's) and I could hide them without her noticing... though I'm not sure how that happened.  While we were watching Einstein's I handed her a lacing card - which she enjoyed yesterday, but not for long - and she totally LOVED it today.  I think it helped that she knew what to do with it.  For some reason... when mommy explains how things work, it is obnoxious to Gooba.... can't wait for teenage years!


After lacing cards we played a match the shape game, which was made apparently more awesome by looking for the shapes through our new binoculars... thank you Story Time!


Moving on to more couch learning... I busted out the clip cards.  I thought... the only thing hard about this will be her number recognition... since she knows none of her numbers... WRONG!  Apparently opening a clothespin or "clippy" as I was instructed they are called is the most difficult task on the planet.  Now I know everyone feels this way about their own kid, but I feel she's a pretty smart little girl and she's freakishly great at fine motor activities.... except for clothespins!!  It took us FOREVER to squeeze one end and clip with the other.... so FINALLY she got it... kind of.  On the upside she LOVED the "clippys" and enjoyed making signs out of them.  She even told me I was holding mine nice and then patted me on the head.  Lol.


After I was tired of clippys we moved on to scissors.... equally frustrating since they involved instructions, which she despises.  We managed to cut a straight line with help though... not bad.  After that she said "let's play with more cards."  OK!


So.... we played with more cards.  Her personal favorite of the day I think... size order cards.  We referred to them as Grandpa, Grandma, Daddy, Mommy, Big Brother, Big Sister, and Baby.  She sorting them correctly about ten times in a row and then took them to nap with her.


So another crazy fun day down for a nap... we still have a craft to make if she's interested when she wakes up.  We have had so much fun in the past two days I feel so honored to get to spend this time with her over the summer. Tomorrow we attempt mommy and me gymnastics... a new adventure for us both.

Also.... we've been DRY all morning!!!  Fingers crossed for the rest of the day and days to come!




Ant printables today were borrowed graciously from Confessions of a Homeschooler


No comments:

Post a Comment