Wednesday, July 25, 2012

F is for Frantic


 So last week, and this week, we have really dropped the ball with our summer school program.  We have had a lot going on at home and just haven't had a lot of free time.  Here's what we managed to pull together for week F.  First we used Bendaroos to try an make some letters.  This didn't go great.  Gooba is just not able to manipulate the Bendaroos very well.


After Bendaroos we did some stamping.  First I just had her stamp the paper with capitol and lowercase F's since that was our letter of the week.  Then I let her use all of the stamps A-F and we named the letters for review.  She very much enjoyed this and it was a great review.  I also learned that she loves the letter B.  Good to know.

After stamping we sorted and made patterns with some firefighter cards I got from 1+1+1=1.  Gooba has a real fascination with firefighters these days.  I not sure exactly where it came from, but I suspect it was a Little Einstein's episode.


After we played with the firefighter cards she wore her firefighter helmet and we did some pretend play.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of this one since we were pretty into it!  AFter that we ate some fish crackers and watched the Bubble Guppies episode about firefighters.

The next day f was for fine motor.  We played with stringing beads onto pipe cleaners.  Gobba made a pretty nice bracelet out of one of them.  The one she's showing in the pictures is apparently a flower.... that starts with f!  This activity was a huge hit and we played it alot this week.

Other things we did that I didn't take a picture of were some magnet pages and some coloring pages.  We also sorted and made patterns our of some flower cards.  No crafts this week, booo!  We might have to squeeze some f and g crafts in together so we have something for our scrapbook.  I'm also behind on that!  Yikes!  I need to catch up on all of this stuff before school starts back up!  I can't start the school year behind already!


 Finally, f was for felt this week.  I spent a significant amount of time making Gooba a Quiet Book.  You can visit the link at the top of this page to see her book in more detail.  We went away for the weekend to celebrate her great grandma's 90th birthday and I wanted her to have a nice Quiet Book to play with in the car and in the hotel when there was some down time from running around with her cousins.   I'm really pleased about how well it came out considering I was rushing like crazy to get it finished.


Well there it is, our lame f week.  Unfortunately I think week g might be equally awful as we try to cram as much fun possible into what's left of our summer time together.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment