Friday, July 13, 2012

E is for Everything

 Ok, we actually did a ton this week, but I've been slacking a little with my blogging.  My apologies in advance for this extensive post!

Our first activity was glueing blue and green pom poms to match the water and the land on this Earth map.  It involved pom poms so it was a hit with little Gooba.  Understanding that we live on a planet was a little bit of a complex idea for Gooba, but she was willing to go with for the sake of crafts.


We also did a little Earth coloring page and an Earth lacing card, but frankly her attention span for both of these things was too short to warrant a photo!

Then we used this cute Little Einstein's magnet page.  She adores the Little Einsteins so this was a nice addition to E week.

Then jumping back to D week a little bit we had some nice visitors in our yard.  A mommy and two fawns played in our yard.  They ran up and down our hill about four different times.   Unfortunately Gooba was taking her nap during their visit.  Extra sad for Gooba since before she went down for her nap she asked if we could see more deer.  We had seen a deer crossing the road on our way home that day.  Maybe next time.

 Continuing with our Earth theme I tore up blue and green pieces on tissue paper and Gooba stuck them all over a round shaped piece of contact paper.  She was a big fan of this project.  After she was done adding the tissue paper we added a slightly larger second sheet of contact paper and made a nice window decoration.


This next activity was an idea I got off Pinterest. Then we drew all over a coffee filter with washable blue and green markers.  When she was done scribbling we sprayed it several times with the water bottle and the marker got all smeary.  Gooba liked this a whole bunch.  Later we glued it onto the black paper, but apparently it wasn't quite dry enough and the glue bled through the paper.  Still looks cool though.


After craft time it was time to bake some Earth muffins.  I got this idea from No Time for Flashcards but I used my own blueberry muffin recipe.  We also used neon green food coloring and I think the color came pretty good.  It's a little more green in person than in the picture.  Either way they are delicious!

Later in the week we met up with Pretty Girl and her mom from Stay at Home Adventures at their house.  First we did some coloring sheets.  Gooba was really into one of the sheets and not so much into the other.  She's so finicky about when and what she feels like coloring.  Such a little nut!

Then we rocked out to some Hokey Pokey Elmo. He was a big hit with the girls today.  Poor Elmo got his workout today!  Elmo even got to dance in their playhouse!  Notice Gooba putting her foot in... or is that out?  Either way too cute!

 Then we did some painting.  We painted Elmo heads and noses.  Once they were dry we assembled the faces together.  Both girls were great at figuring out which part of the face goes where.



 After craft time it was time for Pretty Girl's Mommy to pick up Bro Bro, so we got a little crazy.  We played hide and seek, we had races to see who could scoot across the floor on their butt the fastest, we wrestled and tickled, we snuggled and we giggled.  Super fun girls being girls!


Once we got home Gooba was ready for her nap, so I had a chance to finish this cute pillowcase dress I made for her.  When I first tried it on her she cried and said it was "too poofy."  She LOVED it once it was washed and "much less poofy."  She tried to sleep in it, but mean old mommy said no.  I'm psyched she likes it though.  I think it's adorable on her and it only cost me $7 to make!  I love me some Pinterest.  The website with the tutorial to make this dress is excellent and I highly recommend it!  The Mother Huddle has some really cute ideas on her site.



Finally, during this week of "everything" I took yet another idea from Pinterest and painted some Dollar Tree frames and added some ribbon embellishments, a little hard to see in the photo, and hung them up in Gooba's room.  Now we have a place to display her artwork in her  room.  They came super cute and she really likes them.  Awww, already starting to look like such a big girl!






All in all this has been another crazy week.  I was happy to get back to a little bit of sewing and crafting this week.  Sometimes when we put on our "Mommy hats" we forget that there's still room on our heads for our "Self Hats."  Personally I neglect myself way too much and give everything to my little girl.  My new personal goal, since Gooba is getting a little older, is to take a little more time putting on my "me hat" and my "wife hat" and start attempting to regain a little bit of myself back.  I owe it to my little Gooba to take good care of her Mommy :)  After all, I'm the only Mommy she has!


Earth printables borrowed graciously from Itsy Bitsy Learners

No comments:

Post a Comment